Saturday, November 5, 2011

Energy - A Gift of the Spirit

When my girlfriend Caroline turned 50, I wanted to give her something very special. Caroline is a beautiful woman who likes to dress very classy. I spent 5 hours making her a beaded necklace with purple beads and amber colored Swarovski crystals. When having lunch with her recently, she told me she gets more complements on that necklace than other piece of jewelry she owns. Even strangers come up to her and complement her. My jewelry provides the focal point for her good taste. She said she can trust that my jewelry is high quality. In turn, she later commissioned me to make a custom anklet for one of her dear friends. She said it is a way to support one friend as an artist while doing something special for another friend.  I feel honored that my jewelry was Caroline’s way of saying to her friend, I value our friendship enough to buy you something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment